The United states can be divided into regions different ways by different organizations.
For our purposes we have adopted the divisions and regions established by the US census bureau.
This divided the US into 4 regions and further into 9 divisions.
Northeast Region: New England & Mid-Atlantic divisions
- New England division: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut
- Mid-Atlantic division: New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey
Midwest Region: East North Central & West North Central divisions
- East North Central division: Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio
- West North Central division: Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa
South Region: South Atlantic, East South Central divisions & West South Central divisions
- South Atlantic division: Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida
- East South Central division: Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama
- West South Central division: Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana
West Region: Mountain & Pacific divisions
- Mountain division: Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico
- Pacific division: Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Hawaii